The Family Resume is a great project to culminate a family unit as it asks students to apply the information and concepts learned to their own family. This family resume project has E-Learning written all over it, but can definitely be used in a traditional classroom as well!
- Make sure you have taught or reviewed all of the concepts that are included in the family resume project before assigning.
- If students are not familiar with how resumes are set up, you may want to review the format or provide a template for them to use.
- Review the directions and criteria before students begin to answer any questions.
- Directions ask students to create a typed resume in Google Docs that demonstrates their understanding of family characteristics and information learned in class as it applies to their personal family.
- Resume criteria includes:
- Name & Address
- Objective: Personal Definition & Purpose
- Relevant Courses
- Activities & Honor
- Related Information: Family Type (Structure), Family Life Cycle Stage, Pros/Cons of Family Life Cycle Position, Strong Family Traits and Technological Advances
- Family Functions
- Family References or Relationships
- Family Summary
- Family Resume Project (PDF)