There’s a lot of information out there about eggs; often referred to as the perfect food! So, if you are in need of some ideas for teaching a unit or just a few lessons or labs about eggs, here are a variety of ideas and resources to choose from.
- Are Eggs the Perfect Food?
- How It’s Made Eggs
- Incredible Edible Egg Tricks: nutrients, fresh vs. old egg test, how to separate, unique ways to prepare eggs (scramble, poach, over-easy (fried) soft and hard boiled eggs) and easy ways to peel
- Anatomy of an Egg
- The Incredible Edible Egg
- American Egg Board
- How to Cook Eggs & Recipes
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration–Food Safety & Storage Information
- Benefits of Eggs & Recipes
- Hard Boiled Eggs (Baked & Boiled)–Use to make a variety of Deviled Eggs in the Deviled Egg Duels (contest)
- Deviled Egg Duels (PDF)
- Each group selects a different recipe to prepare and present before a panel of judges. Delicious Egg Award goes to the group receiving the highest score based on taste, appearance, texture, creativity and presentation.
- Deviled Egg Recipes
- Create Your Own Omelet: Panini Grill Lab