Cookies, Cakes & Pies, Oh My! is a subscription box template project. The original cookie subscription box idea came from Anna Hall, an Ohio FACS teacher. Upon receiving it, my brain immediately thought this project could extend to other desserts or foods and Anna graciously gave me permission to expand the project. So, if you’re looking for an extension project when teaching about desserts or other foods, this may be just what you’re looking for!
- Students will already have learned the basics about cookies, cakes and pies. If you need lessons to help with that, here are several:
- iPads or Laptops
- Projector & Screen
- After teaching students about the dessert of choice, assign the subscription box as an extension project.
- Project the assignment onto the screen and explain the directions.
- This project can be individual or small group.
- You can decide other parameters of the project such as the number of desserts per month, specific criteria, or whether you want the examples to be sweet, savory or both. Simply edit the slides template once you make a copy.
- If desired, you could add additional subscription box projects related to muffins, candy, pastries, salads, casseroles, snacks, soups, ethnic dishes, pasta dishes, egg dishes or simply a general category like desserts (offering a variety of different types).
Photo by Pavel Danilyuk.