Thinking about teaching a unit on meat such as beef, pork or lamb and need ideas? Look no further! Below are resources that may be helpful to you in the planning of lessons. If you have additional ideas or resources, please share in the comment section below.
- Open with this YouTube clip titled Chore Parody to show students how much work is involved in operating a beef farm. It’s just a fun little way to begin the unit, especially beef.
- Meatball Lab
- Apple & Leek Stuffed Pork Chops
- Irish Lamb Stew
- Burger Bash competition created by Mary Cupp of Northwestern R-1 at Mendon, Missouri
- Burger Bash Score Sheet
- Meat Controversy Essay (Radiation, Corn Diet, Stock Yards, Hormones, Free Range)
- Tours of Meat Packing & Processing Plants with Temple Grandin & How Meats are Made (MeatNews Network)
- True Beef: Exploring Texas Beef from Pasture to Plate (Lessons & DVD)
- The Science of Cooking Meat
- Iowa Beef Council Industry
- Interactive Cuts of Beef
- Pork: Be Inspired
- How to Trim Pork Spareribs Into a St.Louis Style Cut