Objective: Apply food preparation guidelines related to meat and grains. Practice presentation and safe food handling procedures.
- Review proper food handling procedures for ready to eat foods.
- Review how to cook meat properly.
- Assign group roles.
Background for Teachers
- This is one of the schools more popular take home meals that faculty and staff can purchase to take home and bake for dinner. That’s right it is assembled but not baked!
- You can also make lunch portions and deliver or serve them to the faculty for lunch.
- Lasagna Fundraiser Profit Sheet (Excel) – change this document to match your pricing and ingredient costs.
- You can also have your baking class or the culinary class make garlic bread or focaccia bread as an accompaniment to the meal.
- Hand out evaluations with each meal you deliver. Read evaluations to the class after you get them back.
- Sample Take Home Meals Order Form (Word)
- Have each group prepare 1-2 recipes from start to finish; assembling them in the foil tins.
- Evaluation-Lasagna (Word)
- If you want to make this a more in depth lesson have your students price out the meal and determine the selling price and profit. Being able to use Excel is a great life skill!
- What did our class do well today?
- What challenges did you face today?
- What was the hardest part of this fundraiser?
- What could the class do differently next time to make this fundraiser more efficient?