At the end of the grains, pasta, and rice unit we usually do a pasta fundraiser. This chicken, broccoli, fettuccine Alfredo is a popular choice among the faculty that can purchase this for lunch or as a take home meal.
Time Frame: 1 full block or split into 2 blocks
Objective: Apply food preparation guidelines related to pasta, dairy, and chicken. Practice presentation and safe food handling procedures.
- Review proper food handling procedures for ready to eat foods.
- Assign group roles.
Background for Teachers
- This is one of my culinary program’s take home meals that faculty and staff can purchase to take home and bake for dinner. That’s right it is assembled but not baked!
- You can also make lunch portions and deliver or serve them to the faculty for lunch.
- Chicken broccoli Fettuccini Alfredo (Excel) – change this document to match your pricing and ingredient costs.
- Hand out evaluations with each meal you deliver. Read evaluations to the class after you get them back.
- Sample Take Home Meals Order Form (Word)
- It is really easy to run out of ingredients if students don’t measure the cheese the same way. I usually account for some error in measuring just to make sure we don’t run out. Tell your students to loosely fill the measuring cup with cheese or convert the recipe all to ounces and weigh the cheese to be more accurate.
- Have each group prepare 1-2 recipes from start to finish; assembling them in the aluminum tins.
- If you want to make this a more in depth lesson have your students price out the meal and determine the selling price and profit. Being able to use Excel is a great life skill!
- You can also have your culinary class make a garden salad or bread as an accompaniment to the meal. Add an additional class if you’re going to make salad too.
- What did our class do well today?
- What challenges did you face today?
- What was the hardest part of this fundraiser?
- What could the class do differently next time to make this fundraiser more efficient?
1 comment for “Chicken Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo Fundraiser”