- The student will create a number of different seams and finishes with accuracy, consistency, and precision.
- Bring in some clothing with different seams and have the students try to identify the different seam finishes. Discuss the pros and cons of each of the seam finishes.
- Scrap Material
- Colored Thread (that will contrast with scrap material’s color)
- Sewing Machines
- Colored Paper
- I suggest that you demonstrate each seam finish then send the students off to complete it.
- For a more advanced group, you can have them read how to make each seam sample and complete it on their own.
- Have the students make all the machine seams finishes.
- Have the students make all the hand sewing samples.
- Have the students compile their seam finishes describing how to make each one in a book format with a table of contents.
- Grade the student’s seam finish book.
- Sewing Notebook Rubric
Similar Lesson Plans
2 comments for “Seam Samples Lesson Plan”