- Apply food selection and preparation guidelines related to rice.
- Review Questions: What is the ratio of water to rice? What kinds of rice are there? What is the difference between sushi rice and long grain rice?
- Lab ingredients
- Go over the characteristics of high quality rice:
- Appearance: grains intact, white, translucent
- Texture: firm but tender, fluffy
- Each lab group will make a different kind of rice from a different culture. Recipes I use are under the “links” section.
- When the rice is finished everyone will taste all the different kinds of rice.
- While the rice is cooking students are to work on their lab worksheet using their Food for Today textbook.
- Graded Rice Lab Questions
- Rice Lab Questions (Word)