Excited to be collaborating again with Arlene DeJoy-Meckes from Twins and Teaching blog and TPT store to bring you this Check Writing Game Board review activity! If you teach the basics of writing checks and balancing a checkbook register, this will be an engaging addition to your lesson!
- Make sure you have covered the basics of writing checks and balancing a checkbook register. In case you are in need of those materials I will link some TPT freebies to get you started are extend your resources
Check Writing & Check Balancing Resources
- Check Writing Steps (TPT Freebie)
- Parts of a Check (TPT Freebie)
- How to Write a Check with Audio (TPT Freebie)
- Check Writing Printable Activity (TPT Freebie)
- Check Writing Practice (TPT Freebie)
- Checkbook Register (TPT Freebie)
- Free Blank Deposit Slip & Blank Check (TPT Freebie)
- Check Writing Rubric (TPT Freebie)
- Calculate: Reconcile Your Checkbook by NGPF (TPT Freebie)
- How to Reconcile Your Checking Account – 5 Steps (TPT Freebie)
- Copy of Game Board (laminate if using repeatedly)
- Random Game Pieces (coins, buttons or beans)
Game Board Instructions
- For this game you will print multiple boards for groups of 3-4 students. Laminating the boards or printing them on thicker paper is a great idea.
- You will also need to print and cut apart the game cards (one set for each group).
- You will need dice for each group and game pieces. You can use random game pieces or coins or even dried beans!
- Keep track of the events and points as you review checking writing and checking account information as you try to win the game.
- Check Writing Game Board (TPT Freebie)