Many think of canning or preserving foods as an old fashioned way of life or hobby, but with more people venturing into organic gardening, cooking and wanting or needing to know what’s in their foods, canning has definitely made it’s way back into this modern era! If you are thinking about teaching food preservation in your FACS classroom, below are some ideas that may be helpful!
- Food Preservation Methods Throughout History Explore the history of canning!
- Step By Step Canning Tips for Beginners
- Canning Food Preservation Guide
Easy Canning Recipes
- Easy Refrigerator Pickles
- Strawberry Freezer Jam–No Sugar
- Pico de Gallo— Students can practice knife skills while also learning to can!
- Pearsauce or Applesauce
Image courtesy of Radnatt at Free Digital Photos