Just in time for the Superbowl, this super easy appetizer is not only delicious, but a crowd pleaser too! The idea came from a local restaurant that serves something similar as an appetizer, however they make their own potato chips instead of using waffle fries. That’s definitely an option for the ambitious cook who wants to mess with a deep fryer on Superbowl Sunday. Enjoy!
- 1 Large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup scallions, diced
- 2 Fresh jalapenos, diced (the more seeds the hotter it will be)
- 4oz blue cheese crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Bag waffle fries
- 1/2 lb bacon, crumbled
- Bake french fries according to package instructions
- Meanwhile, cook bacon. Let cool slightly and crumble.
- Dice vegetables, toss together and set aside.
- Mix blue cheese with milk and microwave for 1 minute or until warm. Stir add more milk if needed should be a slurry consistency but not too runny–you still should have some chunks.
- For assembly, put french fries on plate first, top with bacon crumbles, vegetable mixture and finally pour on blue cheese sauce.
- Serve hot.
2 comments for “Blue Chips Appetizer Recipe”