Objective: To evaluate the different types of flour one could use to make cookies and determine which
- Assign a different type of flour to each lab group.
Group 1: Pastry flour
Group 2: Bread flour
Group 3: Cake flour
Group 4: Whole Wheat flour
Group 5: All-purpose flour
- Use the recipe (in attachments below) substituting the correct flour to make the cookies.
Background for Teachers
- Key Terms:
- Dough Consistency: how soft or firm the dough is and how easy it is to roll it out
- Dough Cohesion: how well does your dough hold together? Is it falling apart?
- Dough Adhesion: how sticky is it?
- Cookie experiment chart (in the attachment below)