Delicious brownies in a festive way- made from scratch of course, so students learn what’s in a brownie mix. Make these even more festive by buying the candy cane kisses that have red and white stripes.
- 2.5 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter cut into pieces
- 1 Tbl cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 6 Tbl flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 20 hugs kisses unwrapped (they also make peppermint kisses that look festive)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line mini muffin tin with mini muffin liners
- Place water in the bottom of a double boiler. Turn to medium heat bringing the water up to a simmer.
- Melt chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler.
- Remove from heat and stir in cocoa powder and sugar.
- Whisk in vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the flour and salt.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1 TBL of filling. It helps to hold both sides of the muffin cup in place when trying to fill.
- Should make at least 20.
- Bake for 18 minutes
- As soon as the brownies come out of the oven remove them from the muffin tin and place them on a cookie try.
- Stick one unwrapped hugs kiss in the top of each brownie.
- Place cookie sheet full of brownie kisses into the freezer to set the chocolate.