During Thanksgiving I got to ask my Great Aunt about mincemeat pie. It has always been a fascination because it sounds disgusting. She said it was an acquired taste but noted that the jarred “mincemeat” found in the grocery store is a better option if the meat is a turnoff. Although, I have yet to muster up enough courage to actually make mincemeat from scratch, I thought these mincemeat cookies were a good start.
Mincemeat Mini Pie Cookies
- 1 Jar Mincemeat (purchased at the grocery store around Thanksgiving/Christmas)
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Carefully unroll crescent roll dough
- Using a biscuit cutter (2″) cut out circles and press them into greased mini muffin tin.
- Scoop a tsp of mincemeat filling into each dough cup.
- With remaining dough cut and place shapes for the top of each cup. I used stars but other shapes will work too.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until dough is golden brown. Let cool completely before attempting to move.