Have you ever noticed that kids love foods that look like things they recognize like animals, bugs, toys, people, etc.? It is fun to create cute snacks that kids like and that are safe and healthy for them too! For this project students will create a kids’ snack cookbook of different snacks adults can make to nutritiously feed children.
Timeframe: 1 block + homework
- 4.4.4.Plan safe and healthy meals and snacks.
Come up with healthy snacks for kids to include in your cookbook. Write down the steps to creating each dish as you go. When you’re done making your snack, snap a picture of it to include in the cookbook.
Qualities of a good children’s snack:
- No Choking hazards
Components of the Cookbook:
- Cover Page
- Creative title for each snack
- Picture of each snack
- Food Group Key for each snack
- Ingredients & Steps to make each snack
- Rubric included in the project attachment