Objective: Apply food preparation guidelines related to meat and grains. Practice presentation and safe food handling procedures.
- Review proper food handling procedures for ready to eat foods.
- Review how to cook meat properly.
- Assign group roles.
Background for Teachers
- This is one of the schools more popular take home meals that faculty and staff can purchase to take home for dinner.
- You can also make lunch portions and deliver or serve them to the faculty for lunch.
- Hand out evaluations with each meal you deliver. Read evaluations to the class after you get them back.
- Sample Take Home Meals Order Form (Word)
- Have each group prepare 1-2 recipes from start to finish; assembling them in the foil tins.
- Evaluation-burritos (Word)
- If you want to make this a more in depth lesson have your students price out the meal and determine the selling price and profit. Being able to use Excel is a great life skill!
- Make your own class brand of salsa – but it will take an extra class.
- What did our class do well today?
- What challenges did you face today?
- What was the hardest part of this fundraiser?
- What could the class do differently next time to make this fundraiser more efficient?