- 10.1 Analyze career paths within the hospitality, tourism and recreation industries.
- 10.1.4 Analyze the impact of hospitality occupations on local, state, national, and global economies.
- 10.5.4 Assemble information needed for domestic and international travel.
- 10.5.5 Produce travel documents and itineraries, utilizing current technology.
- Have students get up and talk to each other questions about their travels.
- Computer Lab
- If possible contact your local AAA office and have a travel agent come in and talk to your class about travel and about travel related careers.
- Have a class discussion on travel and the travel industry. The PowerPoint below will help guide that discussion. Have students take notes on the discussion not just on the slides.
- There are several activities you can do depending on time. There are two projects (see attachments) that have students plan a vacation for a specific amount of money. There is also a mini assignment that has students create a timeline of how the travel/tourism industry changed over time in America. Finally, there is also an assignment (1 page paper) about the future of tourism/travel that makes students think about what new things there may be and what restrictions may be enforced.
- Tourism Packet (Word) This group project gives students “$10,000” to plan a vacation including when to travel, how to get there, food, activities, accommodations, etc. Rubrics, directions, etc included in packet.
- Travel & Tourism(PPT)
- How has Tourism Changed Over Time (Word)
- The future of Travel and Tourism Through My Eyes (Word)
- $1000 Travel Project (Word)