Day 4 of the grains unit is the pasta fundraiser. I chose to do pasta as this unit’s fundraiser because most students have cooked pasta before so they have a foundation to help with the intensity that a fundraiser can bring. Depending on the semester and the student’s abilities I have done several different pasta fundraisers.
- Lasagna Fundraiser
- Stuffed Shells Fundraiser
- Chicken Alfredo Fundraiser
- Macaroni & Cheese Fundraiser
- Stainless Steel Pasta Cooker
Background for Teachers
- You can split the fundraiser into two days if you make the sauce and the filling the first day and assemble, cook the pasta the second day. The extra time you have the second half of the first class you can have them take their unit quiz or watch a pasta cookery video.
- Lots of Pasta – Tips for making large quantities of pasta