Time Frame: 2.5 hours
- To inform students about where their food comes from; discuss and implement personal solutions to these shocking truths about what we eat, how it’s produced and who we have become as a nation.
- Is the food that we eat safe?
- How many of you know where your hamburger comes from?
- Who buys produce at our local grocery store? Do you know where it comes from?
- Is where your food comes from important?
- What are the risks involved with producing mass quantities of food?
- Watch Food Inc. (DVD) 91 minutes
- Class discussion using either the discussion guide or participant book listed below.
- For a free discussion guide to use in your classroom created by The Center of Ecoliteracy, download here (PDF).
- Food Inc.: A Participant Guide: How Industrial Food is Making Us Sicker, Fatter, and Poorer-And What You Can Do About It