This is a lesson for child development lab where high schoolers can perform this lesson with preschoolers. Have students make their own superhero outfits to wear for this lesson ahead of time. This lesson allows students to find the best qualities in each child.
- Read the story How To Be A Superhero
- Discuss character traits of super heroes.
- Plastic table cloths
- Rolls of paper
- Plastic Necklaces
- Hot Glue
- Encourage each child to come up with a super power and help them come up with a name for themselves.
- Have each child help design their own capes, hats, or accessories out of fabric, plastic table cloths, or brown paper bags. A high school student should do most of the making & assembling per every preschooler.
- Have everyone stand in a circle and go child by child presenting their outfit, special super power, and superhero name. Have a high school student explain why each child is special and can do amazing things.