In case you’ve missed it, here are a few of the up and coming technologies in the fiber and fabrics world. Use these clips, lectures, and articles as introductions or fillers with your other lessons.
- Spider Silk: stronger than steel when woven together
- Spray on fabric
- Biologically Grown fabric
- Kevlar: can be made into bullet proof fabric that stretches up to 40% of its normal length without breaking
- The Future of Fabrics Virtual Expo
- Print your own custom fabric
- Career Connection: Material Scientist