This idea came about because I was looking for an alternate way to assess my students about their knowledge of a particular unit or topic besides administering a test. Instead, I developed a partner or small group interactive, cooperative based assessment that fits neatly and concisely into a bag. Each includes detailed guide sheets for students to follow as well as rubrics for teachers to use in grading.
Time Frame: 2-3 class periods (43 minutes)
Class Size: 12
- paper bags (you determine the size)
- art supplies: glue, markers, scissors, construction paper, etc
- index cards
- Create partners or small groups depending on class size.
- Allow students to use their notes and resources to complete specific activities for the bag assessment.
- Go over the criteria for the assessment and answer any questions
- Remind students to label and put their name on all parts of the project.