Poinsettias are beautiful Christmas flowers to look at but also wonderful to make into any red jello flavored cookie! Use a simple pair of kitchen scissors to get the shape–no cookie presses or cookie cutters required!
Poinsettia Christmas Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 box red jello any flavor
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 cups of flour
1. Preheat Oven to 350F. Cream butter and sugar. Add jello.
2. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
4. Roll dough into golf ball size balls. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
5. Using kitchen scissors cut the dough three times (equal spacing) being careful not to cut all the way through the ball.
6. With your fingers gently separate the petals and flatten them slightly.
7. Sprinkle yellow dot sprinkles in the center of each flower cookie.
8. Bake for 6-8 Minutes until set. Let cool completely before attempting to move.
- Poinsettia Christmas Cookies (Word)