On the first day of the Christmas Cookie Factory there were these irresistibly fun chocolate chips in the grocery store that just needed to be made into something tasty but that still showed of their colors!
Red & Green Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 10oz package Nestle Red & Green Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugars.
- Beat in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in dry ingredients and chips until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop drop cookies two inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until set.
- Press chocolate chips on the outside of the cookie dough balls to make sure the color shows through the finished product.
- I use half shortening half butter to make sure the cookies don’t turn out completely flat like many times all butter chocolate chip cookies do. More on preventing flat chocolate chip cookies
- Want to turn Christmas Cookies into a Fundraiser for your program? Read more here.