- Students will investigate what they want out of life and what they can contribute to society at large during their life times.
- Journal Entry answering the following questions: “What do you want out of life?” and “How do you plan on getting what you want?”
- What do you want out of life?
- How do you plan on getting what you want?
- Computer lab (optional)
- Present the PowerPoint using personal stories to help illustrate each point.
- If time permits allow students to get started on their time line project in class
- (DAY 2)The day that the time lines are due have students get in groups and try to find similarities and differences between everyone’s story. *Note: some questions are very personal and instruct students ahead of time that they only have to share if they feel comfortable.
- Ask each group to then share with the class the similarities that they found Ex. “In our group most of our parents divorced when we were five or six.” or “We all think we will be married in our late twenties.”
- What do you think the purpose of your life is?
- How do you know what your life’s purpose is?
- Time Line Project (score sheet is at the end of the attachment titled “Time Line Project”)